Mar 26, 2006

A Tragic Loss

I am not really a fan of Senator Byrd, but the death of his wife of more than 68 years is something that goes beyond partisanship.

She sounds like a very intersting lady

This comment from him in one of his books...

The day after Byrd married Erma Ora James, he handed her his wallet:

"'Here is the pocketbook. You keep it. When I want a few dollars, I will ask you for it,'" he told her. "And that is the way it has been with Erma and me for more than 65 years. I have never thought much of a husband who keeps his wife on a short string by stingily handing over to her only a few dollars at a time.

"When all is said and done, she is the person who rocks the cradle and makes the world go around. ... To this day, I get along with an 'allowance' of $60 or $70 each month, and I have usually managed to set aside a few dollars from even that small sum — for a rainy day."


...Hints at a very special relationship.

My prayers are with the Senator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter