Feb 5, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday



First, I must admit that while I enjoy football, this day really signifies that Baseball season is approaching quickly (Just over 10 days and 3 hours until Pitchers and Catchers arrive at camp).

I used to obsess with football, but that was from about 1976 until about 1980. I was a Cowboy fan...not an Aikman, Emmit, or Irvin fan, but rather a Staubach, Dorsett, Landry fan....which of course means that the real enemy was the hated Pittsburg Steelers, AKA "The Yankees of Pro Football". Most of my disdain was aimed at Terry Bradshaw. I always felt that anyone could make it to the Hall of Fame throwing to John Stallworth and Lynn Swann, and Franco Harris was as good as anyone. If there was one Steeler I admired, it was Rocky Bleir...a true warrior on and off the field.

I am no longer a huge football fan..the Danny White years made sure of that (He was okay, but wasn't Staubach)...and oddly, I will be pulling for the Steelers today...Bettis deserves it, and I enjoy watching Cowher on the sidelines. I also appreciate this clip which supports the idea that Stupidity Should Hurt.

But mostly, I will will be cheering for the approach of the baseball season...when I can watch my team, and see if they can finally finish above .500.

5 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Still Thinking said...

hmmmm...Which Second Baseman would that be...

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Still Thinking said...

There are so many...

Let me see...

Travis
Mike N.
Cubbage
Chris L.
And the current batch of Joe and Alex

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Still Thinking said...

I know which one had the highest league average...but defensively...we have a couple of good ones lately....and Chris L. fielded .959 his senior year.

My guess is Mr. Cubbage...but I cheated, and checked your MySpace....

It is always nice to see your people having good lives!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Still Thinking said...

You did have a good Senior year...Life has been good. I'm not coaching right now...first time in 18 years I haven't coached something...but Mr. Watson has me teaching 7 classes a day, so it is working out okay.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Still Thinking said...

Good to talk to you...have a great night...and the blogs are free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter