Jul 15, 2007

...especially galling today

Tomorrow, one my former students, Steven, is shipping out to Iraq for his first deployment since joining the Marine Corps after High School.  Mind you, Steven was our valedictorian, a very solid athlete, and a leader among his peers, so today, I am especially angered by the political cartoon published by Pulitzer nominated cartoonist Ted Rall.  I am not posting the cartoon because I find it far too vile a smear on American servicemen and women.  Our local paper does not usually print Rall cartoons, but if you so inclined, you might want to voice your opinion of Rall's work by going to his blog....remember, be polite, be clean, and if you are going to go to the effort, put forth a well reasoned argument rather than a rant.  You may feel like ranting(I know that I do), but I promise you, if all he gets is rants, he will use selective quotes from them to reinforce his own obviously twisted worldview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter